Tuesday, June 14, 2016

The Beginning

At the beginning of the year, I was crapping my pants going into AP Language and Composition. I had heard from friends that it was one of the hardest classes I would ever have to take. I thought about dropping out. They were right. It was one of the hardest classes I would take. The class required so much time and effort to do a simple assignment. It required a lot of thought into each homework assignment. On the first day of the class, I met Ms. McMahon, and I was terrified. She threw so much work at us from day one. I thought I was going to die. I'm glad I stuck with the course though. I always liked a challenge and this proved to be one of the biggest ones for me. Second period every day, AP Lang would wake me up after having a study first thing in the morning. It got my mind moving for the rest of the day, but it also drained it. Come sixth period, I couldn't think straight and I almost fell asleep on multiple occasions. However, it was well worth it. I learned life lessons in this class. Also, I can't watch or read anything without thinking about the rhetorical devices that were used in it.
                                     
About halfway through the year, I didn't feel like I was overwhelmed with work. I had become used to the amount of time and effort that I had to put into each assignment. I learned how to manage my time more efficiently. I could right essays in 45-50 minutes and could annotate a piece in 5-10 minutes. The workload became second nature to me. Ms. McMahon drilled the work into us and made us the hardest workers we could be.